Today is a big day... I guess.
We got our home study draft to review. We waited 221 days for this. Part of the wait, our family was put on "hold" for, but the other part is just another part of the story.
Part of the wait was for our oldest son to get his fingerprints re-done, I am hoping that the other part was purely DIVINE DELAY.
Our home study was not written to bring home our two daughters... even though that is what we hired them to do.
We will have to exercise our rights to not accept the home study. We can't, in good conscience, let another person, un-involved in our life, decide for us, something different from what God is calling us to do. Even if they have prayed a prayer over our family, or with their 3 friends.
We have been praying for 2 years, all the time, throughout the day, throughout the weeks, months, and now more than two years... prayer consumes our very being. Faith consumes us. And, we clearly have been led by God throughout our journey.
Someone else's 3 minute prayer about whether they have done the right thing or not for our family, can't take precedence over God. Their feeling of doing the right thing can't even compare to what we feel God is directing us to do.
So, we will not accept her home study; something that we made very clear to our agency when we hired them. If our home study is not being written for two, we wanted to know immediately so that we could move on for a second opinion. Well, we waited quite some time to get the home study in our hands.
Now, it's time to part ways.
"God, please let this be easy. Please let us keep our integrity." While our faith is great; and, our faith and prayers were that our current agency would see that God was directing every step we took, our "un-named" agency just wouldn't change their decision to let us bring both of our daugthers home.
"God, please show me whom our next social worker and agency will be."