Friday, December 31, 2010

I Found Baby #3

I found baby #3. Yes, I did say baby #3... we have yet to find Amaris, baby #2, but I believe that God is going to show me my promised baby in a supernatural way. What an exciting day that will be. I have waited for Amaris( Uh-mare-is). We chose this Hebrew name because it means "God has promised." I will share this story in another post.

As for baby #3, her name is Jessica. I have spent over 100 hours researching information on her, her special need (heart condition), and everyone that may have visited her in Xi'an.

I found her the week of her 2nd birthday. Within days, I knew everything about her with the help of a Facebook friend, and people who were friends of friends. Yep, I contacted everyone that had visited her foster home. I had multiple pictures of her and had already fallen deeply in love with her. I already loved Jessica as much as my 16 and almost 4 year old daughters.

The only thing I couldn't seem to get, no matter what I tried, was her Chinese name. But, I really didn't need it, I was sure I had her file photo... and, with the information I had, I was 100% sure someone could find her at the CCCWA.

I shared this information with our current agency and social worker, but our agency wanted me to wait until our social worker arrived to our home. It should be just another week or so. Oh, it seems like FOREVER!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

We Chose our Agency, but God Chose a Different One


Thanksgiving Day 2010

While I had 3 agencies in mind for our next two adoptions, I really had no sense from the Lord where He was directing us.

Would we go with our agency that helped us bring Gabriella home? Would we go with Madison which is one of the only agencies right now helping families to bring two children home at a time, or would we go with a smaller agency that I had built a great relationship with over the last 3 months.

Because there were no feelings any way, we decided to go with the familiar, an agency that we had worked with in the past. On Thanksgiving Day, we started our paperwork for adoptions #2 and #3.

Within 3 weeks working with this agency, nothing seemed to be going right and a feeling of anxiousness was coming over both of us... not about the adoptions, but about our choice in our agency.

But, even if that hadn't happened, I was already getting the sense that God was clearly directing me to a totally different agency, even different from the three I had placed in my mind as logical choices.

I KNEW that I had heard from the Holy Spirit because I knew NOTHING about this agency and had only heard the name a handful of times. But, not only that, I felt the Holy Spirit tell me that we would have a "heart" baby and a "developmental delay" baby. These thoughts were so real, but I knew they hadn't come from me. When I went to google Wasatch, interestingly enough, I couldn't find ANY information on this agency.

I prayed for wisdom and told Jason not to be surprised if our daughter(s) end up with Wasatch. He thought we should just switch agencies now, especially since EVERYTHING seemed to be going wrong with our current agency, but for some reason, I didn't want to move until God directed me further.