Friday, October 28, 2011

Authenticating Our Documents

This is our second time adopting... my first time to do all the paperwork. I wish I would have understood the authenticating process a little better BEFORE I ordered the birth and marriage certificates.

I didn't realize they needed to be authenticated in their state of origin... ugh!

So, shipping these documents back and forth reduced my number of Starbucks drinks to -2 this month... at $5 shipping per piece... shipping both ways USPS priority mail... to 3 different states is a bit upsetting. Not because of that price... that was a great deal... but, because I was required to ship them originally for $20 a piece.

Well, I sent them off to three states... two shipped today (Friday) and were back in my hands the next Wednesday. Not bad. Now I am waiting for the big stack from our home state. Sent Saturday... they should arrive soon.