Monday, July 23, 2012

She Pee'd MY PANTS... in Church!

This is our third week home from China with Amaris and we are absolutely loving every minute of it. When I started praying for grace and favor back in November 2010 for this adoption, I really didn't realize all the blessings that would come.

She truly has been our grace and favor... and, like God, He made sure we knew it. Both Amaris' Chinese name, and listed American name on Rainbow Kids BOTH mean grace and favor.

Usually you can see grace and favor in church... but today, I got another experience.

In an attempt to follow the advice of the more than 10,000 pages of reading to prepare for these last 3 adoptions, we have been giving Amaris a few weeks to "adjust" to church prior to dropping her off in her 2 year old class. So, we have kept her with us in the church service.

It is so fun to watch her raise her hands to Jesus as we sing, to attempt to sing herself, and then to turn to me and give me a sweet kiss on the lips... and then another... and another and another, all throughout the service. I am blessed!

But Sunday, towards the end of the service, I got another gift.

As I was holding her, her pants got very, very warm. And I thought to myself, "Wow... Amaris... how did you make your pants light up? They are super warm." And then, I (being the mom of a 2 year old 16 years ago), figured it out as her pee ended up on my pants... most importantly, where it looks like I personally did the peeing. Great! Now what?

It probably was another 15 minutes before we got into the QX56. Jason started to drive and I proceeded to explain the whole story to him... but, I could hardly get it out. I was laughing so hard, I was crying. He was laughing so hard, he was crying too... and, we realized as he was driving, he was only driving 25 mph in a 40 mph zone... and not with much skill either. Something brings on these laughs every few weeks with us... this one, had you been there, was pretty hysterical...

And, NO, there won't be any pictures posted for this write-up.

She Pee'd MY PANTS... in Church!