Having not parented a toddler in 16 years, I am finding great opportunities to be reminded what it was like... or, at least what it could have been like.
Kai (now almost 21) and Tyanna (18) were some of the easiest kids in the world to raise. They were amazing...
I am not saying my newest two aren't amazing, they most certainly are... Amaris, though, keeps me on watch day and night.
The last 3 days and nights as I tucked her in bed, I told her "No pee pees in diaper... No poo poos in diaper" ... It is actually underwear by day and diaper by night...
Anyway, each time I would go to wake her, her diaper was off... and, completely dry. What was waiting for me, caught me off guard though... a very wet bed; or worse, a pile of poo poo somewhere...
Why was this happening? I just took her potty before nap time...
And then, I remembered what I told her... "No pee pees in diaper... No poo poos in diaper"... so, to avoid messing up her diaper, she took it off and messed in her bed, on the floor, or wherever.
When I finally realized what I had done, I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard... my two year old is a genius!
I am sure if she could say it, she would say, "Mama, I wanted to make good choices... my diaper is CLEAN!"