I decided to follow her and her sister Gabriella around with a notepad of paper and document some of those cute words and phrases I hear each day. She does speak in sentences, and we do encourage her to repeat things the correct way... but, if I could bottle some of these words up, I would.
In no particular order... these are some of the "cute" things she is saying right now...
- "No, Zes!" (she doesn't want me to say No to her, she wants me to say Yes!... and she may repeat this 6-8 times)
- "Fow-fer!!!" (I want a giant "flower" on my head, not a bow!)
- "Nebermind" or "Nemermind" ("Nevermind"... one of my favorite Amarisms')
- "Saw-wee!" ("Sorry")
- Me swim soup! (This is my swim suit)
- Whatsa more is? (She was looking for "5 hidden 'w' letters" in her homework and couldn't find the last one)
- No find it! (She couldn't find the last hidden 'w')
- No I see it! (I don't see the hidden 'w')
- Mommy, I see it! Me see it! (I see the hidden 'w')
- This it is! (She found the last hidden 'w')
- There it is! I too made it! (She sees our church and squeals in delight that we made it.)
- "Brie, watch!" ("Gabriella, watch me!")
- "Baba, what IS that?" (doesn't matter what he is doing... she just wants to know about everything!)
- "Ut-oh!"
- "Me no like it!" or "No me like it!" ("I don't like it!"... she is generally referring to her smoothie in the morning)
- "OKAY MOM!" (this is used for LOTS of things... and both words are generally emphasized!)
- "Otto-cado" (Look at the "helicopter" in the air)
- "Me ready to go" (I am ready to go!)
- "jwah-meez" (jammies/pajamas)
- Me good helper! (I'm a good helper! She generally says this after carrying a plate to the counter, getting something for someone, or doing something nice)
- "Mama, me true loves kiss!" (Mama is my true loves kiss, Baba is your true loves kiss Brie; this phrase comes from one of our favorite movies: Enchanted)
- "Oh yeah!" (Like in, "Amaris... what are you supposed to be doing right now?"... she is EASILY distracted).
- Me miss my sister! (I miss my sister Gabriella!)
- Me do that? (Can I do that?)
- I did it!