As Jason and I began the adoption process for our very first daughter, we KNEW we would eventually bring a second daughter home. But, as we began our paperwork May 1, 2009, we both felt that there might actually be a third daughter now. In fact, I felt like the Lord had even told me she would be our "gift". As we prayed that summer, we asked for a fourth daughter. The Lord confirmed her too.
We want so desperately to start our adoption to the one we will call Amaris (which means: "God has promised"). Just a year ago, we were DTC (Dossier to China for Gabriella, November 2009). Gabriella came home July 2010.
Just three weeks prior to us leaving to get Gabriella, we had some significant changes in our life. In the natural, people aware of our circumstances, might think they we are "crazy" to adopt so soon. But, our hearts are telling us otherwise. It seems as though the Lord has given us the go ahead to adopt Amaris and watch His miracles unfold.
What would our family and friends say?
Three weeks prior to leaving for China, my mom passed away. As a result of her death, my husband and I began raising my sister's two boys that my mom had cared for, Jordan (17) and Corban (12). They joined our two biological children Kai (18) and Tyanna (16). A week after celebrating my mom's life on earth and her entry into Heaven, I lost my job of 11 years. While this was perhaps meant for evil, my husband and I had already decided two years earlier that I wouldn't be returning to work... so, this just happened to be more of a formality. I was already planning to give my notice.
We packed one final time and flew to China to pick up our waiting, special needs 3 1/2 year old daughter, Gabriella.
While these changes impacted our life, especially for the first 5 or 6 months following my mom's sudden death, I wanted our family and friends to know that God was still blessing our family with our upcoming adoptions. I wanted people to know that God was still on His throne and that even the recent changes in our life weren't going to change HIS heart for His orphans or our calling. We knew our heart hadn't been changed.
I prayed, even though we were in the dead of winter, that God would send me a real, live ladybug when HE felt it was time for us to start our adoption journey for our next two little ones.
I knew He was already restoring the hurt in our hearts, blending our new family together and blessing us for a new beginning. Now, we wait... we wait for the arrival of that ladybug. She will come... I am confident of it!