Monday, November 22, 2010

How in the World Did God Send a Ladybug?


Three weeks after I prayed that God would send a ladybug when it was time for us to start adoption #2 and #3, His ladybug waited for me in my doctor's office.

I had called my doctor to schedule an appointment for that morning because I felt like there was a piece of glass embedded in my foot. They gave me two appointment options. Because it was snowing, I took the later appointment time, quickly finished up with breakfast and got ready to skadaddle.

While getting ready to get out the door, I felt very strongly that God said, "If you take the later appointment, you are going to miss out on your blessing." Okay, how many of you eat your breakfast and hear this? I picked up the phone and called them right back. I accepted the earlier appointment.

I got Gabriella in the van, but felt like God had said, "Don't forget your camera!" It was SO REAL, that I got out of my vehicle and prayed over it (I thought maybe I was going to be in a car accident or something due the heavy snow and ice). It sounds a bit awkward, but I couldn't really understand why I needed a camera for the doctor's office, but I went inside and got it anyway.

When we got to the doctor's office, we waited just a few minutes before going in. When I sat down in my particular room, there was a real live ladybug crawling on the wall just 3 feet from my eyeballs. I asked the gal how long the ladybug had been there... she told me it had been there a couple hours but she was planning to let her go shortly.

I ran to the car and grabbed the camera, documented the incident and bottled my bug to take more photos of when we got home. I now knew why I needed that camera. God cares about the littlest things... because He knows how important they are to us.

While my husband believed we should start our paperwork with or without the bug, he was kind enough to let me pray. I wanted him to know, as well as our family and friends, that we indeed had God's blessing. Those of you in the adoption world know that even your family and closest friends want to share their own opinions about YOUR FAMILY adopting, and many times, their opinions just don't line up with what you believe God is clearly directing you to do.

While hearing people's thoughts can be valuable, we have also learned that there are far more blessings when you seek the Lord and HIS WILL and follow HIS lead and direction.

We are blessed by this little ladybug today. She is the beginning to our next adoption journey to Amaris and her sister.

Now, the question is no longer, "When will we adopt?" But rather, "Which agency will help us bring both of our unknown daughters home?"