Sunday, March 11, 2012

Passport Photos in Hand!

As we wait for our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) from China acknowledging that we can come to China to accept our referred child, we are getting other paperwork lined up. 

This official approval from the CCCWA to adopt Amaris can range from 2 weeks to 21 weeks... with an average wait of about 50 days... though many LOA's have been arriving within 21 days, which is pretty remarkable. We have currently been waiting 52 days and counting... 

I was able to get passport photos for Jordan, Tyanna, Gabriella and I, which means I will get their paperwork off this week to order their passports. 

I remember LEARNING the difference between a passport and a visa LESS THAN TWO DAYS BEFORE we were scheduled to fly out to China to get Gabriella in July 2010. 

They are TOTALLY different things... I had a passport, but I did not have my visa. My husband realized we forgot my visa entry just minutes before midnight... I showered, RE-packed a suitcase, drove to a 24-hour Kinkos to get 4 passport photos, and hopped on the next airplane to California. This story is in Gabriella's blog (SweetPrincessGabriella.blogspot.com)... I felt like I was a contestant on the Amazing Race! With just hours to spare, I got home, re-packed and hopped on my plane to get my baby girl. 

We are trying to avoid this scare... that mistake cost over $700 that day, but if I hadn't hopped on the plane, it would have kept us from our daughter. And, she, my friends, was worth every penny!