Monday, October 22, 2012

Heading to Disney World with Nanny!

For the last month and a half I have been preparing to take the girls to Disney World for a few days... BY MYSELF.

Breakfast with Cinderella and the princesses has been scheduled. 
Tickets purchased.
Room booked. 


But, as I laid my head on the pillow each night, I realized my heart was racing... and I quickly move into "freak out" mode. 

What the HECK am I thinking? ... a toddler (Monkey sees, Monkey goes... matters not if Mama knows), a Kindergartner, a walker, bags, water bottles, princess dresses and a 2 pound camera... there is NO possible way I could even go 1 block. NO POSSIBLE WAY!


I realized quickly I am going to need a nanny. Taking my hubby wasn't an option this trip. Taking my oldest daughter wasn't an option because she would miss too much college. What could I do?

I have a triple stroller... but, that isn't going to work because it is gigantic and impossible to maneuver when tired, hungry and just wanting to go home... nor would I trust someone else to cart my $400+ stroller around in between flights for me.

Earlier this week, I realized what I needed to do... I needed to buy a small double stroller, with a large luggage space, drink holders, and a way to "carry" the walker... I am pleased to say, I found one on Craigslist... and was able to get it for about $150 less than the retail price. 

I bought it Saturday AM while Jason was out of town. Then, I prayed: "Lord, please prepare Jason's heart for this... I know he doesn't want me spending any extra money; nor does he want another thing in the house." 

But, I had a plan now... and, I need it to work!

Well, God prepared him. 

On Sunday AM, his plane arrived at the airport. He texted me: "landed" (code word for leave now and go get him at the airport)... so, the girls and I started driving to get him. We were so excited to finally get to see him. 

Mind you (this is a whole other story)... I noticed his car was NOT in the driveway... but, didn't put two and two together that he was going to be driving himself home. 

While I was driving, he sent me this photo below saying: "Much better double stroller"... meaning: "You really need a double stroller right now... not a triple." The funny thing, we had never discussed this and he had NO IDEA I had already bought a stroller 24 hours earlier... but, remember, I had prayed... and God honored it!

Here's what Jason felt I needed.


Here's what I had purchased about 24 hours earlier than his photo... without ever discussing this...

Her name is "Nanny!"
She will be assisting me in Disney World with 2 of my princesses. 


Guess God had been preparing his heart and mind... he was happy to see my purchase and even took the girls on their first stroll in it... when he saw it though, his first question was: "When did you buy THAT?"

Oh, and to finish my story about driving to the airport... we arrived as he texted... "Driving home now... see you in 45 minutes."

We got to drive for 1 1/2 hours to pick him up and bring him home... but, it didn't quite work out as we had planned. Maybe next time I will think more about why his car WASN'T in the driveway.