Every single day since the summer of 2009, I have looked for daughters #2 and #3... I have literally seen thousands of photos of kids, I have requested multiple files, but never once had I had that supernaturally feeling or confirmation from God that "she" was the one.
I never believed I needed that confirmation with daughter #3, but I knew that God would supernaturally show me daughter #2... our promised daughter... the one we have waited now 18 years for.
So, when looking for our NEW daughter #3, I was always open to one ages 0-14... and, when Giselle's file came available March 26, 2011, Jason and I agreed we would be happy to bring her into our family. Ironically, she was from Wasatch, the agency I felt God had called us to back in December.
It ended up being a busy Saturday getting evaluations from doctors, writing our LOI (Letter of Intent) for Giselle, and packing to go see Gabriella's Chinese foster sister vacationing on holiday in Las Vegas.
Jason and I were excited to bring Giselle into our family. But, her file had to first go back to China and be re-locked for us. So it did. The next day, after Gabriella and I landed in Las Vegas, I found out we had locked her file.
It was such an exciting day.
BUT...