It's Nov. 1, 2011...
In my hands I hold the files of 3 absolutely adorable girls ranging in age from 10 months to 3 1/2 years old. I am in love.
I really didn't want to choose one... I wanted all 3. How could anyone choose from the three files I narrowed down. So, I let the doctors talk. And they did. I had 4 different doctors review the files and not one had much positive to say.
As I was doing my research, I learned that another family had actually looked for one of the files that was in my hands. They had sponsored her and wanted to bring her home. I would never want to be put in that position, so I immediately gave that file up... and all the doctor's reports that I had compiled. If that was their daughter, I was thrilled to pass her on. I would want someone to do the same for me.
I had labored for the last 18 hours over these files, emails, phone calls, and probably close to 100 emails back and forth to my agency inquiry specialist, Kathy Junk of Wasatch. It was a long day... and short night... but, I was now in love.
I had mapped out where Gabriella was from, Amaris, and then the 3 potential Annabella's. I graphed everyone's statistics... I checked meanings of names, birthdates, anything I could.
By midnight, I had narrowed it down to one. I thought I found her... I stayed up past 1am to gather everyone's thoughts, my thoughts, and the important info. from her file.
I already loved this little two year old. in less than 24 hours. For those of you who have paper-chased... you understand. For those reading that never have, there isn't a way to grasp it... so, it's okay to shrug your shoulders and go on to the next paragraph.
By this time, it didn't matter what any doctor or nanny said, she was ours.
But then... it was time to go to bed... it was time to ponder everything without the computer in front of me... it was time to pray.