Monday, June 20, 2011

A Vision 18 Years Ago

I found our baby... our baby that was promised to my husband and I 18 years ago.

Eighteen years ago God had given me an undeniable vision of two little tan-skinned girls with dark, shoulder length hair. They appeared to be the height of the middle of my thigh and just above my waist. The taller one looked at us, smiled and turned to run in the grass behind her.

This vision of these two girls has never left my heart and I have cried THOUSANDS of tears over these years for them. I prayed for them. How in the world would we ever find them?

Throughout the years, Jason and I would talk of the two little girls. We would share with our kids as babies, then preschoolers, school-agers, junior highers, and high schoolers about their little sisters.

Jason always said, "When God brings them to my doorstep, I know they are ours!"

Well, God brought our first one, Gabriella, in a miraculous way after Jason ended up in China for two weeks. Apparently God thought it would be better if Jason went to the doors of the orphans. It was there in April 2009 that God prepared his heart to adopt.

All of our miracles to Gabriella can't even be spoken, however, if you want to read about her story, you will get a glimpse into the amazing miracles that God Almighty created for us. Many of the miracles are the very first posts on her blog... SweetPrincessGabriella.blogspot.com



This photo was taken and added to this blog on 7/19/2012... 
Amaris has been home 3 weeks... she is 2 years and 5 months old... 
Gabriella has been home 2 years... she is 5 years and 7 months old...

My vision did NOT have two sweet little princesses in matching clothes, but I did know that they had dark hair to their shoulders and tan-skin. The older girl turned and ran in the field behind her. 
If you have read Gabriella's blog, you will know that Gabriella could not even sit without falling, nor stand when we got her. She still, to date, has not taken a valid step by herself unassisted. 
But, someday soon, she will walk and talk, run and jump, hop and skip and play basketball. 
How do I know? The Lord gave me a vision now 18 years ago. And, I believe Him!