Tuesday, June 21, 2011

She's Ours... She IS the One!

The second I saw her name, I knew she was ours... but then God SHOWED us she was ours.

MIRACLE #1
Supernatural presence of the Lord...
As written in an earlier post, I opened the Rainbow Kids listing the VERY SECOND it posted. And, when I did, I immediately had Holy Spirit goosebumps and sweaty hands... just seeing the name "Nanette".

MIRACLE #2
"Heart" baby
As Jason jumped from his computer and raced to mine... we saw the picture of a beautiful baby. To my delight... she was a "heart" baby. I had told Jason back in December 2010 that I felt God was leading us to adopt a heart baby and a baby with developmental delays.

MIRACLE #3
Born on my 40th Birthday
This baby had my same birthdate. She was born on my 40th birthday. God designed Nanette to have my birthdate so that JASON would know that this truly was the one we had been waiting for. After all, he didn't get to feel the Holy Spirit's presence when I saw the name "Nanette."

MIRACLE #4
Agency the Lord had revealed 7 months earlier
Nanette was with Wasatch... the agency I told Jason I believed God was calling us to back in December 2010. I couldn't explain it back then, I had no idea why I felt the way I did... but, he knew that there was a pretty significant chance that we would be moving agencies... he just needed another sign. Well, here it is!

MIRACLE #5
Her Chinese and American names mean: Grace and Favor 
(the only thing I really prayed for with these adoption)
While I waited to hear from Wasatch, I looked up the meaning of Nanette. We named our first two biologically children with really cool names... but, we never even thought to think about what their names meant.

With our adopted girls, it was absolutely vital we name our daughters based on meaning. We knew baby#2 was going to have the Hebrew name Amaris (Un-mare-is) which means "God has promised." God promised her 18 years ago... she was going to keep that name forever.

But, we didn't have a middle name for her, other than her full Chinese name. We still wanted to have an American middle name as well. I decided to look up Nanette. To my delight, yet another sign from God, her name means "grace and favor"... I have been praying for God's grace and favor with these next two adoptions that I might know who our little ones were.

MIRACLE #6
That hasn't happened yet... because numerous families want MY baby... but, I KNOW she is ours... so, with confidence I am speaking she is ours in Jesus name! And, miraculously, I have total peace.

I quickly emailed Kathy... and then tried to fall asleep.