Sunday, September 16, 2012

3 Outfits in 33 Minutes

OH MY...

WE ARE NOT MATCHING!


Where to start... it's not probable you will see this again for awhile.


Gabriella: Outfit #2 for the day .....  Amaris: Outfit #3 for the day

We started getting ready for church with plenty of time... even enough time for the girls to get bathed and have their hair washed and dried.

My error was putting on their dresses prior to breakfast... I generally wait until after breakfast to put the dresses on... but, today, I wasn't thinking before I got downstairs... I was dressing them!

Dresses on... I sat with them to help each of them with their special Essentials drink (which they gladly gulped down)... but, as Amaris was finishing her drink, Baba surprised her with her eggs... in her excitement, her glass spilled the drink on her dress which I hadn't taken off... and, that was the beginning of our morning.

Off came Outfit #1!

Both girls, having been fully dressed and completely adorable, were now naked.

I poured boiling water over Amaris' outfit in the sink. Pre-treated her stain and popped it into the washing machine.

I grabbed Outfit #2 and got it on each of the girls! Still time to spare because Baba was upstairs getting ready.

Amaris and I went to the SUV... Amaris decided I needed help holding my notebook and so she grabbed it from my over-stuffed arms. Because it was too heavy for her, it essentially pulled her down our super steep driveway... I saved her... but, my drink... which I NEVER carry with kids around... spilled all over her. Ugh! At this point, I didn't know if I should laugh, cry or scream!

Baba was downstairs again by now. As I carried her back in, he realized the morning wasn't going as well as it was earlier.

He wisked off her second outfit so that I could treat it and then get it into the wash. Well, he only brought me her dress... he was hoping I would just replace her shirt (uh, each pair of pants has their own matching shirt or dress... it's an outfit buddy!)

When he asked me why I was treating her outfit now, instead of after church, I had to explain to him that he worked hard for this one (I had to give him a dollar amount)... so, he ran back to Amaris and took off her pants (which were also stained but he hadn't told me) and brought those to me too.

Outfit #3 (33 minutes later) did NOT get on Gabriella... so, this is their very first time ever not-matching since Gotcha Day in June 2012.

Uh, that felt awkward. I don't know what it is, but it really bugs me when the girls and I aren't matching.

Needless to say, once we returned from Church, Gabriella got HER third outfit on for the day... it wasn't even 9:00 AM yet. Geez!

I am crossing my fingers... Baba put Amaris down for her nap... if she went to bed with her pants ON... then, it is probably Outfit #4 will be on the girls within the hour.