Monday, September 17, 2012

Amaris, Let's Review Last Nights Sleep... or, NO SLEEP!

You got ready for bed by 7pm... and you were in your bed by 7:30pm...

WHAT HAPPENED?
By 11:30pm, you were wide awake for the next 2 1/2 hours... what were you thinking?


Because YOU were wide awake, I was wide awake.

I watched your every move, listened to your every song, and laughed hysterically at times (under the covers so you wouldn't hear me or see me). 

At 11:30pm, I let you snuggle with me for a few minutes before putting you back in your bed... 
But, by 11:57pm you were back at my bedside.

For the first time, I decided to see if it would help to send you right back to your bed... you proved that theory WRONG.

At 12:07am, you were back at my bed. You just stood there... quietly. I sent you back to your bed. 

At 12:27am, you showed up again... I sent you back. 

At 12:30am, you did it again. 

At 12:33am, you decided to visit me again. You know what I did. So far, the night was relatively quiet. 

At 12:43am, I was sure you were watching the clock for a "3" or a "7" to make your move. 

At 12:53am, I began to wonder if you might like to sleep in the big castle bed with your sister.

At 1:00am, I thought any moment you might fall asleep, but that wasn't the case. You climbed out of the front of  your bed, laid your pillow on the floor and laid on the entire pillow. You heard the click of the camera (which made me think you knew I was watching you, because you tossed your pillow back in your bed and smiled before the camera could figure out how to take the photo in a completely dark room).



At 1:03am, you got off your pillow and crawled around the rocking chair, (see the photo above) while looking at the dog, and trying to figure out if you could push all the pillows that were stacked on the chair, off. That didn't work, so you put the dog's stuffed animal on top of her, took it off, and repeated this for a minute or so. Then, I sent you back to bed. 

At 1:25am, you decided to sing the ABC's... with a crescendo. 

At 1:27am, you hopped out of bed (I lost track how you got back into bed since the rocking chair episode) and you opened and shut the bedroom door... multiple times. I convinced you somehow to get back into bed. 

At 1:30am, you got your pillow back off your bed (and all your blankets) and laid it beside your bed on the floor. You laid there for a few minutes before getting back up into bed with all your loot and singing. 


At 1:39am, you began to sing your own songs, the ABC's and count at extreme volumes... louder than I have ever heard you... you were having a gay old time. I thought for sure Baba would say something, but he didn't... so, you kept on singing... and, I laughed so hard I cried. 

But, any moment now, I knew you would fall asleep... because usually you do within 2 1/2 hours... and, I was right. 

By 2:00am, your moments and many sounds stopped... 
you had fallen asleep. Moments later, so did I... 

Well, until you woke me up 4 1/2 hours later 
to get ready for "Briella" to go to school.