Monday, September 3, 2012

This is How She Sleeps!

This post is a running post since July 2012... 
the best pictures are added within hours...


One of my absolute FAVORITE things to look forward to each night is giving Amaris her bottle, rocking her and singing to her... not because I am about to get 10 hours of uninterrupted 2 year old surprises, but because I just adore holding her and snuggling with her... 

But, another reason is because when I go in and check on her in an hour and throughout the rest of the night, I know I am going to find her in some funny sleeping pose. 

So now, we just bring the camera to the door after we put her to bed. 

7/24/12
After reading The Prayer of Jabez... she was blessed with sweet sleep!


7/26/12
Now I lay me down to sleep... I pray another good book I may keep!


7/28/12
Sleeping while on her knees... way up high... but let her be... sad the photo can't show what I did see... 


7/31/12
Sleeping backwards... one sock on, one sock off... diddle diddle dumpling my daughter Duo Duo!


Same day... sleeping sideways... sock off now... and another good read at some point. 


8/29/12
Yet another night... bottle in hand with all her might!


8/31/12
She has several pairs of jammies... but, for some reason, these are the pair that I am finding funny poses in. 


This is the close-up of the photo above...  one knee above and one knee below.


9/1/12
The next two photos go together...  
Snuggled up so softly in bed... until you see where she should be resting her head!


WHY do companies not think about the possibility of feet getting stuck? This is not only a safety hazard, it just is a truly ugly "design"... and, it didn't take this moment for me to figure it out... I bought it and put it together thinking this could someday happen... but, it was the cutest princess canopy on the market...


9/4/12
Sleeping reversed at naptime... pillow on top, blanket below...
putting my feet where my head should go!


And in the eve, I shall be, under my pillow where no one will find me!


Seriously... if I can't see you, you can't see me... don't wake me up... just let me be!


9/9/12
Sideways on my knees! Or, half-way off if you please!



9/10/12
There are no limits to the way this little on can sleep. 


9/13/12
Busy nap! But don't forget to check out her busy night as well!


She is sleeping on top of her entire pillow... this is new!
Today my pillow has become my bed, for if you see what I did ahead... 
you might wonder what I did to my bed!


She must have been completely exhausted after taking apart her canopy... 

Busy night!


This shot below is looking down on her... a second shot of the shot above. 


9/14/12
Snuggling her sweet ladybug snuggly!


9/15/12
I have to admit, I probably set her up for this next photo. 
As I was saying goodnight for her nap time,
I noticed my tank top at the bottom of her bed... I decided to leave it there... 
just to see what might happen. 

An hour later, the monkey was STILL not asleep, 
so I brought my camera up to the door prepared to shoot whatever I saw... 
and ask questions later... 

My shirt was drenched from her water bottle and she was enjoying 
reading The Prayer of Jabez to her bear. 

Needless to say, I removed the shirt and told her it was time for nigh-night. She went right to sleep.


9/15/12
She had crawled out from under her blankets and laid on top of them... 
not sure where her arms or legs went. 


9/16/12
Bear at my feet and surprise by my bed...
Look down below and see how I solved my dilema while trying to rest my head.


She removed her diaper and proceeded to have a sweet (but stinky) sleep!
Surprise Mama!


It was things like this back in July 2012  (when we first arrived home) that caught my attention...
I didn't photograph the first few sleeps, but after that, I realized that I was anticipating her
sleeping positions, activities, or surprises... and therefore started photographing.

9/16/12
This next photo is around 1:30am, when a young princess SHOULD be asleep... 
her adventure was 2 1/2 hours long, 
complete with harassing the dog, getting out of bed multiple times, and 
reciting her ABC's and counting to 10... at extreme volumes... this photo was taken 
(presumably without her knowing, in a completely dark room... 
yet she still managed to smile when she heard the sounds of the camera).


9/17/12
We bought a bag of Pampers from China... that was dumb... they are horrific, 
but we put two of them on her at a time, and they are okay. 
Anyway, I left the bag in the room... just to see what might happen... but, saying nothing. 
Yep... she took the bait! 
Notice the diapers on the back side of the bed?


9/18/12 
Crossing her legs at naptime... diaper off (in the middle of the bed)... and "pretend diaper" on. 


9/18/12  
Snuggling with her pillow... sideways


9/19/12
She took off her diaper and started reading: 
The Book... a Bible-based book about the Proverbs for kids.


9/24/12
No need to see my hair!
Just check out my FEET... they are in the air!


9/26/12
It's naptime mama! And, I'm not in my pajamas... but, I am making my new bed in my pillow. 


9/26/12
But, now it's night... you just hold tight...
I figured out how to snuggle up right... inside my pillow... where I have peed... 
Thank God I know you still love me!


9/28/12
I propped my pillow and my head, read a book and went to bed!


9/30/12
It's late I know... you hear a call... "Mom!" she says, but that's not all.
To your surprise, to my delight... I found my way to the castle tonight.
I apologize ahead, I had no bell...
But, I REALLY, REALLY wanted to call your name as well... at 2:30AM!

(This was photo take 8 or 9... the camera simply doesn't work much after 10pm...)


10/3/12
Didn't you say Garfield studied by laying a book on his head?
Can I use mine for a pillow and still learn... instead?


10/5/12
On my bed, but under my pillow... feeling pretty darn mellow!


10/5/12
But if you take my pillow from me, I will flip the other way and get on my knees. 


10/6/12
My leg is bent and in the air, I'm pretty sure that you don't care. 
But if you try it, you will see, I'm pretty talented as I sleep. 


10/6/12
No, I don't think I do sleep in a "normal" position. 


10/13/12
Well, mama left out the stuff we use when I "grow" at night... 
So I took off the lid and slept with it and gave her a real big fright!


10/15/12
During the day I can do the "splits"
During the night I dream about it!


10/20/12
Jammies on, jammies off!
My jammies are really soft!


10/22/12
Kill the lights Mama!



10/25/2011
Uh, yeah... this would be NOT sleeping... 
but instead, learning to kick the door while lying in my bed!



11/1/2012
Here I am, can't you see...
I'm fast asleep under the sheets... and pillow!


11/5/12
Picture NOT SHOWN... totally naked... um... that's not how I put her to bed...


11/7/12

Books on bed, butt in air... 
I'm asleep now... why should you care?



11/8/2012 naptime
No worries friends... I'm hiding under my pillow... sleeping the day away!


11/8/2012 bedtime
Here I am, propped up in bed...
holding my book that I have read!


11/12/2012 
Seriously guys... it's not that big of a deal... 
but I can tell you one thing... I did it with great zeal!


11/12/2012 close-up


11/15/2012
Snuggling "Adoption Bear"... holding her close to my heart...


11/16/2012
Under my pillow for you to see, that I am just trying to be ME!


11/18/2012
Snuggling with my ladybug snuggly.


11/19/2012
Under my pillow AGAIN... 


11/20/2012 
Ever heard of the "Scissor Sleep"... I perfected it with my foot off the bed too!



11/20/2012 Close-up
Hey mom... you forgot to take my bottle when you left the room. 
Don't worry... I got it off the dresser and gave it to "Adoption Bear"
 

11/24/2012
Uh... I don't even know what to say!


12/11/2012
In the hotel dreaming about Disney World and it's Princesses. 


12/16/2012 AM 
I slept for quite some time... and, I know I should sleep more... 
but your thermometer says I have a 106 degree temperature... in Disney World! 
This is NO FUN... we have to celebrate with Mickey tonight! Blah!
We should already be on the bus for Animal Kingdom. This stinks!


12/16/2012 PM  
I know it is after 11PM, but we were rocking out to Mickey's Christmas Party in Disney World when Mama decided to have my temperature checked again.
Well, it isn't 106 degrees, but it is 103 degrees. 
Cool me off so we can leave... I want to rest my head if you please. 
These cool washcloths are cooling me down, but I really would prefer to do other things... 
Like doing the splits... ANYTHING... this is ridiculous... SANTA is right outside the nurses station.


12/24/2012 
Santa is on his way... Gabriella hasn't fallen asleep quite yet... but Baba and I are pooped. 
T'was a wonderful sleep in the castle tonight!


1/1/2013  Perspective 1
Splits in the air.


1/1/2013   Perspective 2
Splits REALLY in the air.


1/7/2013
Snuggling my baby!


1/8/2013
Uh... criss-cross applesauce... I guess.


1/10/2013
I think I have mentioned before that really I can sleep while half way to the floor!


1/11/2013  Naptime
Okay... I THINK you said it was naptime Mama... but, you have to understand...
I was REALLY enjoying talking and playing with my baby for the last hour.
Guess it will only be a two hour nap today... huh?
At least can I keep my baby?


1/11/2013
Uh... guess you want to know where my feet are?
Off the bed AGAIN!


1/13/2013
If you don't care that my feet are off the bed, does it matter about my head?


1/14/2013 
All I can say is one leg is scrunched and one leg is stretched... 
But Minnie Mouse was a riot!


1/16/2013 
Oh shoot... you said it is MIDNIGHT? 
What the heck am I doing up then? 


1/20/2013
Peek-a-boo!



1/21/2013 
Snuggle me baby... snuggle me. 


1/23/2013
I think Gia and Mia can fit in my bed if I sleep like this each night. 


1/28/2013
Baby... I wanted you to snuggle me... but, that didn't quite work out... 
Am I squishing you? Can you breathe? 


Well, we are missing about 5 months of photos... but, here are some of my favorites since June 2013. Okay... well we are TRYING to get ready for our new sisters.I rolled out of the castle and onto the floor... and never even knew it. 

6/12/13



6/22/13
 Mom! Why are you upset?
Let me remind you what you said: "No pee pee's or poo poo's in the bed."
Got it!



Uh, well, I am on a roll. In my bed or on my sister's floor. The rule still is the same:
"No pee pee's or poo poo's in my Pull-up." When will my mama ever learn?

6/23/13


6/25/13
My mama quickly snapped this photo and then checked to see if I was breathing.


6/25/13
Making my bed for the very first time. Notice my heels?
These are my Princess Aurora heels. I can do it at 3 and I can do it at 23.




8/24/13
So today I thought I would take my mama's sheets and designer silk comforter.
It's pretty darn comfortable, but this might be my first and last time doing this.
I think I can get into pretty big trouble. I hear the lecture coming.
Good thing she thinks I'm the cutest little thing!


8/31/13
Grabbed my mama's pillow and tossed it on me!


9/5/13
Loving on my baby!
Snuggling her so sweetly!


9/7/13
I wrapped my body totally around my blanket. It works!
And, well, I am pretty good doing the splits... even when I sleep.


9/10/13
Resting my head in the bed... and, well my arm... uh, wherever it will rest.


9/10/13
What would you do if you were a tired Super Hero?
I got my sister's cape (ie. bath towel)... now it's time to go... uh, to bed!


9/11/13
Okay, well, I can explain the bare bottom.


I had to go potty and it was a bit too much work to knock on the door. 


9/13/13
 Okay, check this out! Can you sleep with your elbow STRAIGHT UP in the air?










9/14/13
I heard the camera "click" so I started to crawl back up into my bed.
What's wrong with sleeping standing up anyway?


9/15/13
Have you ever wondered all the ways you can sleep in one tiny princess bed?


9/16/13
Comfort at it's finest.


9/17/13
Well... I really AM in my bed... somewhere!


9/20/13
Wrapped my princess blanket close to my heart.


9/21/13
Uh... okay... So, I am not asleep. Does it really matter?


9/22/13
Grabbed my mama's sheet and wrapped right up in it. 
Grabbed her jeans too... but, they really didn't fit. 


9/22/13
"Camping" on my sister's floor, lying on top of my pillow.


9/23/13
Peek-a-boo... I don't see you!


10/3/13
Knee up... not sure but I must be climbing something again.


10/6/13, nap
 Nursing my bear... sleeping sitting up.
It's all about being the best mama... I guess!


10/6/13
My feet are pushing the top of my bed...
AND, I am wearing my mama's shirt with my bear stuffed in it.


10/7/13
My head is tipped WAY BACK... mama always re-adjusts me after I fall asleep anyway. 


10/15/13
My head is squished against my pillow and the side of the bed. That's another new pose for me!
See below why I wasn't wearing my Pull-up anymore...


10/15/13 (Cont...)
 So, we couldn't find Amaris' pull-up. It clearly wasn't on her... her naked bum was in the air.
But, not to worry, Adoption Bear was wearing it for her. It was very, very wet!



10/16/13
My knee is up in hte air... my foot is squished up to the side of the bed.
But, once I rest my head... not much changes until mama rescues me.
Besides... after reading my Opposites book... I decided to sleep scrunched instead of straight.


10/17/13
My friends are lined up and snuggling wtih me.


10/18/13
Sleeping over the side of the bed.
I took my Pull-up off! I hate it when it's wet.


10/21/13
 Seriously, can you see this incline? It has to be over 12 inches high. Now I lay me down to sleep...
 





10/23/13
 I never know how baby-proof the room is until I check on this little one. Ugh!
I thought the bear (which is ALMOST as big as her) would have kept her occupied
as she tries to fall asleep. Needless to say, I removed the weights from the room.


10/24/13
In the bed, in the "bag".


10/29/13
Aw... the life. My pacifier I found... upside down!
Arms spread... my panda in my bed.


10/30/13
This is how I wake... happy as can be! 
Giraffee moo-moo is happy too... snuggled up with me!


11/8/13
I was bored... That's it! Nothing more to it!


11/9/13
Sleeping like a froggy... with Giraffe moo-moo on my head. 


11/11/13
My head is slightly off my bed. My foot against the wall. 
My bear is upside down... hoping I don't fall. 


11/11/13 (later in the night)
Snuggled up with Adoption Bear... sleeping at the foot of my bed. 


11/13/13
Snuggled up with Adoption Bear... actually sleeping at the head of my bed. 


11/14/13
My puppy resting on my heart, I'm just playing my silly sleeping part.


11/15/13
Sleeping... but, my arm is hanging off my bed. 


11/17/13
 Having a great time. It's over an hour since I was put in bed. In fact, it is 9:15pm.
I am reading the manual from Xfinity. When my mama walked in, I even had my legs crossed.


11/17/13
Another froggy sleep... my pillow as my blanket.



When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

Proverbs 3:24 (NIV)