Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Am I "Buying Time" Again?

Each delay makes me gasp... but, then I remind myself... there has got to be a reason I am "buying time" with EVERY SINGLE step in this adoption.


We know that we started at the right time. I asked God to send us a ladybug back in November 2010 when we could start our process. Three weeks later, He sent one right to the room in my doctor's office. He (God) even had me bring my camera to the office to document it. That's an amazing story you can read under "November" of this adoption timeline on the right.

This is definitely an opportunity to truly learn to TRUST in God and HIS timing.

I think it would be interesting to find out how many days I actually have "bought" over the course of this adoption journey to Amaris... and her sister. Adoptions take 9-12 months... Amaris will be in our arms in June (technically)... which will have taken us  20 months... and, that is WITHOUT her sister.


This photo of Amaris was taken this week, one year ago!


We thought we would be bringing home Annabella at the same time, but God surprised us with a little Giavanna, who we never knew about, and who we believe will be home by Christmas 2012.

My dossier is being positioned for some reason... each step has had a delay of a few days... oh, how I wish I knew the end of THIS dossier story.  We will use it to bring home Giavanna. And, we are HOPING and PRAYING that we can use it to bring home Annabella and Amelia as well.

I am grateful that God is in control and that I have learned early on to trust Him.


My sweet little princess is waiting here in 
79-90 degree F weather this week with 86% humidity and NO AIR CONDITIONING


April 17:   Requested our now 18 year old (then 16 year old) to be fingerprinted
April 18:   Received our I-797C to get her fingerprinted
April 25:   Tyanna walked in for her fingerprints 21 days early
April 30:   Tyanna's fingerprints were approved
May 1:      Tyanna turns 18; received email about Tyanna's fingerprints being approved on April 30
May 3:      Received I800A and I800 in the mail, BUT a date was incorrect
May 7:      I emailed NVC about my NVC letter, received an email back with my GUZ #
May 8:      I800 date fixed and approved, NVC issued the letter to be cabled to the US Embassy in China for Amaris' passport
May 9:      I received the NVC EMAIL and cable that needs to go to China
May 10:    Cable is now in China
May 17:    Notified that our I800 had Amaris' Chinese name spelled wrong; I also received the I800 corrected cable hardcopy via snail mail
May 21:    Our officer at NVC corrected the Chinese spelling of our daughter's name, emailed me and re-sent it to China
May 24:    Day we were SUPPOSED to receive our original Article 5, before it had to be fixed


There is a quote:
God has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never understand His wisdom, but we simply have to trust His will.

Just waiting and hoping and praying I get to see this seal later today or tomorrow and that our paperwork will still be on schedule for our TA (Travel Approval) to China.