The question, in the adoption community is always this:
"So, when do you think you will get TA?"
In everyday language, that translates to:
"So, when do you think you will be heading to China to get your littlest princess?"
Photos received in August 2011. First photo update.
Christmas Photos received in December 2011. Second photo update.
Chinese New Year Photos received in February 2012. Third photo update.
Birthday Photos received in February 2012. Fourth photo update.
Our journey to Amaris has been nothing but miraculous, and I just think it should end that way as well. Our adoption agency chose our family, out of quite a number of families, to be Amaris' family.
There was never any doubt in my mind that she was ours... because God POURED ON His miracles one after the other and it was absolutely, undeniable, that THIS BABY was ours... down to every-single possible aspect.
This was the precious baby we waited 18 years for.
I think it would be just wonderful, if we landed in China on June 23rd.
This date is special for two reasons:
1. On June 23, 2010, at the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I called my mom. A couple hours later, she had two brain aneurisms and died. Medical science revived her and kept her alive a couple more days.
2. On June 23, 2011, our agency, including my now good friend Kathy Junk, chose our family to be Amaris' family.
If we arrived in China on June 23rd, our Gotcha Day would be June 25th.
This would make our Adoption Day, June 26th.
This date is special because this was the day that my mom entered into Heaven and met Jesus face to face.
I would love for her Consulate Appointment to be July 2nd, but it doesn't seem like it could be...
I think there are about 10 days between the adoption and the CA...
This day would be special because July 2nd, 2010, my mom celebrated her 44th wedding anniversary with my dad, their daughter Kimberly and an un-born, un-named son... in Heaven.
As I look at my calendar and guestimate days... I realize... we actually could be in China before June 26th... making our CA date even possible to be June 26th...
So, I will stop thinking and guessing... although it is fun... and, perhaps, I will go start packing instead.
It's interesting, that we started packing with Gabriella about 6 or 7 months before we left to get her... and, then we re-packed perhaps as many as 20 times before we actually left for China.








