Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I-800A and I-800 Received!

Most of our story is posted in the post: Blessings, Boo Boo's and Ladybugs All in a Day!

But, I wanted to announce that our I-800 and I-800A have arrived from USCIS. 
If you look at our timeline on the far right hand column, you can see when we requested our fingerprint appointment for our now 18 year old Tyanna and the process it took from requesting her biometric fingerprints to receiving her approval. It took just 16 days for the entire process. We had a pretty amazing officer and both my homestudy agency and adoption agency contacted our officer to help our process move along. Tonight I will contact NVC to see if our paperwork has been cabled. 

Our I-797, Notice of Action, has given us provisional approval as of Tyanna's birthdate to adopt Amaris! This is our Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country. We have previously filed and received approval for Jason, myself, Kai and Jordan. Tyanna, when we started these next two adoptions was just 16. 

We should expect our NVC cable sometime this week to be wired to Guangzhou and be looking for our Article 5 from the National Visa Center (NVC) a couple weeks later. Travel Approval will be 3 weeks from our Article 5... and then it will take a couple weeks to get our Consulate Appointment in China. 


I am so excited to think that I will be holding my baby in just a few weeks. My heart leaps with joy thinking that we will have our baby girl soon. Gabriella tells everyone she meets, wherever she goes, that she is going to "give baby Amaris a bottle and sing: Jesus loves me this I know." And then she proceeds to rock an imaginary baby and sing... the WHOLE song. She is so excited to have someone little to "play toys" ... which she pronounces "toys-say"... it sounds French when she says it. 

And, just recently, Gabriella learned that she is waiting for a fourth Chinese sister... She has been praying for Amaris, Annabella and Amelia, but Giavanna will join us before the end of this year. Then, we will return for Annabella and we pray fervently for Amelia as well.