Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Article 5... Done!

If you had asked me in November 2010, when we started this adoption to Amaris when I thought I would get my Article 5, I would have confidently told you about September 2011. 

You can imagine my surprise getting it 18 months later. But, here it is... Praise the Lord! 




I appreciate my adoption friend Courtney and her blog: http://www.china-adoption-online.com that easily explains each step in the adoption process. She does such an amazing job making everything so understandable. 

The Article 5 letter comes as a result of the consulate reviewing our new daughter's visa application (the DS-230) and they make sure it meets the qualifications for an immigrant visa. They sign off that everything is in order for the adoption to be completed. It has been picked up in China (China's date: 5/24/2012) and it will be delivered directly to the CCCWA for our Travel Approval.