Monday, June 25, 2012

Amaris' China Mama

Amaris' China Mama, her nanny, ayi, Half the Sky employee... they are all one in the same.

She LOVED Amaris and Amaris LOVED her!

In fact, she was the first person we saw as we walked in to the baby room at the MaoNan SWI.


Amaris, who is VERY attached to me already, yet she immediately started to cry for her China Mama, as she has cried for me this whole last week. She went right in to her arms. It was precious to watch their bond.

We have a magnificent write-up as part of Amaris being in the Half the Sky program... a book perhaps 1/2 inch thick or more of 2 posts per month since Amaris entered the orphanage. This ayi is amazing... I hope others are watching and listening to her.


Amaris is crying because she was so excited to see her China Mama Ayi... Baba must have got ahold of her flower... he hates that thing! She may actually be crying because Baba took her flower... Hee hee!


China Mama was trying not to cry. Emotion is not good to show... but, it still shows. You can't hide love that well.



I realized I was even trying to fight back the tears. Geez... so much emotion! Here's a choked up smile. 

I hate good-byes... but, could you imagine saying good-bye to "your" child forever. She didn't birth Amaris, but she cared for her as her very own since Amaris came to the orphanage in April 2010. 


The handover... first since giving her to China Mama at the door at about 11:10AM... time to see the rest of the orphanage before the ayi's leave for lunch on their scooters and bikes at noon.





What is it about not looking INTO the camera lense. Ugh!

I wish I knew China Mama's name. If someone knows, would you please tell me.