As I write this, we have been home for about 30 hours... the first night we slept 14 hours... ALL OF US... but, tonight, it is 3:30 AM and I am writing with two WIDE-AWAKE kiddos playing in the office. But, this is MY TIME to either sleep or write... and, so, since I am way behind in writing, I am choosing writing. The girls are playing nicely together... talking up a storm.
When we arrived home... we got to go in line for the US Citizens at customs... and, then, we got in the "short" line there. Two years ago, we were last and bumped to FIRST. It was AWESOME!
We handed our brown envelope over. Amaris has landed and become an automatic US Citizen because both Jason and I traveled together to get her.
We were the last ones off the plane... as usual. But, it was so nice to see that Gabriella's walker was actually waiting for us.
I don't remember what I was doing while Jason and Tyanna grabbed all the bags, but we all ended up ready to walk out since we had nothing to claim. I had pulled out the beef jerkey from Costco so that we wouldn't be searched. BUT, the bag wasn't tossed as we walked out... so, all of our bags were scanned. Three were found to be of concern. The soup was tossed, the beef jerkey was tossed, but Tyanna got to keep her chicken feet she bought for a friend because apparently it isn't contraband.
We walked a few feet, and then the 3 carts were taken from us and all of our luggage was again put on another conveyer belt and we had to walk to another area of the airport. We grabbed the luggage this time... without the carts... it took 3 trips to shuttle. Up the elevator, across the walk... and to the shuttle expressway.
By the time Jason and Tyanna brought the last load, the girls and I, and all the luggage, had already been loaded. Jason was relieved. We were tired and so happy to finally be HOME.
When we arrived to our home, this is what we saw...
Veronica and Corban each made us a sign on the door.
Corban is referring to Gabriella and Amaris already having been adopted...
and our paper-chasing to Giavanna, Annabella and Amelia.
This was our luggage that came home... despite the fact that we gave two suitcases of clothes to Amaris' orphanage.