Monday, June 25, 2012

Visiting MaoNan Orphanage

Check this post once... check it twice... I am updating more photos but I know many of you are anxiously awaiting to see the little ones... perhaps even yours. Email me through the MaoNan Yahoo group for more info.

We took the "5 or 6" hour drive from Guangzhou to Maoming to go to Amaris' orphanage. We were praising God when it only took 4 hours 15 minutes there... we left at 6:45AM and arrived at 11AM... with one stop to go potty at the McDonald's/gas rest area. 


This trip to the orphanage was one of the highlights of my life. This is what I was made to do. And, as I look at all our photos (most of which won't probably ever get posted), I can see that God has given our family (even our two adopted babies) a passion for the orphans. Jason and I have talked about starting our own home in China or helping out/hosting a home in China... if we could handle the weather (and food), we would go. We are both sure it is just a matter of time.

I so wish I could have stayed, helped out, trained the ayi's, looked over the kids for medical conditions, and most importantly prayed over them, for them and advocate for them.

There were probably over 50 kids, but not many have their files ready. We only saw the kids in the rooms on the floor below this sign.


Three of the older kids reportedly have files at the CCCW@ right now and are anticipated to be on the next shared list or two. I have their names in Chinese and Pinyin and DOB... they are all listed as older children... one of which ages out in Nov. 2012 (6 months). The two girls are stinkin' cute, the younger boy is 7... I do not have an updated photo of him. I did not see the children nor speak to them; however, I was given these photos to advocate for them. If you are an advocator, PLEASE post about these children.


Age 13, F, Nan Siyu, older child (DOB 11/1998)... DOB may be incorrect
Once she turns 14, she is no longer eligible for a Mama and Baba



Age 9, F, Nan Li Li, older child (DOB 1/2003)


Age 7, Nan Huichun, older child, anxious, no updated photo (DOB 1/2005)
Said to pull her hair out...
These kiddos are being advocated for by Annie Hamlin on her site:
http://wonderfulwaitingkids.com/

Here are the kiddos in Amaris' room... some have families... most do not. Most of the families are from Spain and France, with the exception of Opal.



This is Opal and her mama and baba, Steve and Ginger are very happy to be bringing her home soon!









The nannies were so sweet... I wish I could have just watched them interacting with the children. 
I wish I could have spent a couple days with them. 
Our daughter's nanny absolutely loved her with all her heart. 
In all the excitement of our visit, I forgot to get her name. 
I loved that the nannies all came in to see us... even if we didn't have a chance to talk with them. 





This little one above is such a lovey... Unfortunately, I do not know if it is a boy or girl. But, I do know this child is both blind and autistic. Just giving a little attention caused smiles to radiate from this child. It was precious.






Amaris best friend, Nan Ya Ya, age 3... heading to France!


Lily is crashing the BFF party for a photo op... she is headed to Spain or France... her family is going to be super blessed. This girl is a go-getter and always wants to be in the middle of everything... very curious and outgoing.








Premie in left. Super tiny. Second youngest baby on right... I think...


This is another little one.