Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chair Time

June 26, 2012

We have had our little monkey for 8 days... and, today... 
she started wanting to do more than just be a little snuggly wuggly with Mama. 

She got one of the chairs from the table... turned it upside down and sat in it. 




Later she stood... and, had me sitting on edge thinking she might fall over.



Within a few minutes, she started racing the chair from one side of the room to the other...








The final thing she did... which I couldn't even capture on the camera I was so freaked out... oh silly me... 
she turned the chair right side up and placed her body on top and spun herself in complete circles both ways. 

Uh... yah...
I haven't had a kid ever do that before... Kai and Tyanna were very calm kiddos... 
and, although Gabriella would, had she thought of it, 
I would have stopped or hovered over her just to protect her teeth... if nothing else. 

Amaris is one tough cookie that was just waiting for a true Mama and Baba. 


It makes me think of the poem:

From China comes a tiny plea............  Won’t someone come and rescue me? 
I long to see a mother’s face..................To feel the warmth of her embrace...
My heart is longing for a home..............For a family I can call my own...
As I wait…I whisper a silent prayer........Please God can’t you find them...
I know they’re out there….......................Somewhere?