It was quite a bit to have to lug all this ridiculous luggage around... so, when we go to adopt Gia, I am going to use what I have learned... to pack much, much less.
It was quite an adventure to have to worry about all these bags AND KIDS... while in the airport, but thank God for Tyanna.
As our airplane began to take off from Guangzhou to Beijing, Amaris was sitting next to me playing quietly, but as the airplane began to get speed, her smile lit up her face... her eyes brightened... and, my original thoughts of her just being a snuggly wuggly... are completely gone now.
While I know she is a snuggly wuggly, she is also a total thrill seeker.
I am beginning to put events together: she jumps from the chair to the couch, she turns chairs upside down and scoots/runs them across the floor and back. She sits in upside down chairs and then stands up in them to make my heart race. She lays on top of the same circle-shaped chairs in our hotel and spins while not one part of her body is still touching the floor. Yep... we have just been changed. She can stand... without falling... she can walk without holding a hand, she can run and jump... these are things Gabriella will do soon... but, for two years... we have only had glimpses of.
Our guide Eva, and our driver Yuan, got us to the Guangzhou Airport right on time. Eva helped us get our luggage checked in and off in the right direction. She was such a blessing.
I found out during our trip that one of my closest adopting friends, Emily (and her husband), also had Eva as their guide. It is a small world. Emily and I had hoped and prayed we could travel together, but the Lord knew that Emily had to get to China to save the lives of her daughters Lily and Mackenzie... and, He knew how important it was for me to have our daughter's consulate appointment on June 26, 2012.
And, so the two of us ended up in China at different times, but with the same sweet guide.
We had an uneventful time in the airport, that was nice.
Amaris was a champ on the airplane. I loved being a part of watching her during her first flight.
I will have to post her picture once I download all of Tyanna's photos.