Friday, June 15, 2012

And, We're Off!


Gabriella has helped us countdown the number of sleeps since our CA (Consulate Appointment) was announced. I knew I was going to need some help, because we were just 7 days from leaving... and, my sweet husband STILL believed we wouldn't/won't be in China until July.


She gets so excited to choose the perfect princess sticker for each day.

While packing, re-packing, re-packing again, re-packing later that day, re-packing the next day, etc... etc... for some reason, we (that would be the "mouse in my pocket" and I) decided that Corban and I would work together to change 3 bedrooms as well. We did almost everything but the beds. A couple weeks after we return, we will paint the NEW "castle" room and then move the beds.

For now, we will just admire our fun little princess closet.

BOYS OUT!


PRINCESSES IN!


And, while we were diligently packing, we celebrated a couple birthdays this week, and I somehow made time creating 5 new matching hairbows for the all of our little princesses (Gabriella, Amaris, and those coming: Giavanna, Annabella, and Amelia/Mia). I knew that matching outfits and hair pretties were a big thing, but as I packed for this trip, I realized I was making sure the girls underwear matched as well. Hopefully, this won't be a big deal for long. 

So many thoughts are racing in my mind, and it's funny how easily side tracked I seem to be getting. The bank clerks and Costco employees have seen me daily, but they always remark about how calm I am. I think it's just God's peace. 

I am realizing that in just four days, I will probably never iron pajamas again and one day very soon, I will look back and think, that was really dumb. Did I REALLY iron pajamas?

I am sure I will still iron everything else... including their jackets before they wear them... I think it is just a part of me. It's interesting to see what we thought before our life totally changed... I know my life is changing once again... and, I am SUPER DE-DUPER excited.

The thrill of holding my littlest princess, one of two princesses I KNEW I would someday adopt... just makes my heart smile that she is FINALLY arriving (18 YEARS LATER); but, while I typed this sentence, I realized something else I had never thought about, I was pregnant with Tyanna during the time the Lord gave me the vision of our two shoulder-length, dark-haired, tan-skinned girls... and now, Tyanna is 18... when I think about this wait, if you had asked me if I thought I would have waited this long, I would have said, "Not a chance!" I knew this vision was from the Lord so I faithfully hoped, faithfully prayed, faithfully spoke, and faithfully and prayerfully believed. Viola!

God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above ALL
that we could ever ask or think!