Saturday, June 23rd in the US.
Sunday in China
One year ago today, we were chosen to be Amaris' family.
Our story to this precious little one is absolutely a miracle.
Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
Two years ago today, I called my mom about 1pmish..
This is out of my character (or, at least habit) because I have a difficult time hearing people over the phone... but, I called her, a rare moment to ask her how she was doing... I felt like I was to ask her how she was feeling, but that was REALLY weird, so I did the more comfortable. She was busy visiting a friend, so we only spoke for a minute or two, but I told her I loved her and would call her later that day. Four hours later, I got a call that my mom had a brain aneurism and was unresponsive. I knew she we would entering Heaven shortly. We later learned she had, had two grade 5 brain aneurisms.
Sorry Jie Jie... she likes to play with you, she smiles at you and with you, but a picture she is not taking with you... yet.
We are just now looking rested... but, tomorrow we will travel 10-12 hours (as long as there is no typhoon rain again) to go visit Amaris' orphanage and see her beginnings. This is a very emotional day for all... she is attached to us, but she could want to stay with them (they naturally will push her away... which is also heart-wrenching) or she may latch on to me tighter than she has ever latched.
This journey back is important. For MOST children and their families, it is a must. But, there are some children who should never ever go back. Their new parents can usually figure that out fairly quickly.
Amaris should be fine, but we may regress for 2-5 days again.
Thank you for your prayers that God will protect us on this trip (without carseats) in our little minivan. That it will run smoothly and that we will have great traveling weather. If it rains, our trip will be much more difficult and potentially impossible if it rains like it has for the last couple days. This is our only day to travel so we are praying for God's blessings, grace and favor.