Now, we are walking the "two blocks" from our hotel to the Forbidden City... it was a walk that lasted FOREVER... we must have walked a mile or more... because Amaris wasn't strapped to me correctly, I was in excrutiating pain. My hips hurt so bad that I had to hold tears back many times; but, this was something my sweet husband really wanted to do... so, I continued to walk. Fortunately, Adam carried EVERTHING but the kids. He was amazing... even if he didn't know how far two blocks really was.
There it is... yet... still too far for me to walk another step... so, we paid some drivers and loaded up two of these little cars.
Within minutes, Tyanna became a hero again. This little girl's mama started it all... and, then... maybe 15 or 20 people wanted their photos with our biggest princess. As we walked away, I said to her, "Imagine what you would have done to these people had you worn a Cinderella dress." They were so very delighted to have their photo taken with a blonde haired teenager. She was a star...
Here is just a snapshot... because there were MANY snapshots taken. Touring the Forbidden City seemed second to photographing our daughter's stardom in China.
If I could have carried her, I would have... but, I just couldn't... I will get stronger, but becoming instantly strong in a week, hasn't happened yet.
There were many more photo ops with Tyanna throughout our journey.
This is the garden that the Emperors walked.
Thank the good Lord that there was just a little bit of humidity.
Heading back to the hotel, I made sure Adam understood that we wouldn't be walking the "two blocks" we walked to get here. So, after walking about four blocks, he was finally able to get us a cab. As we were walking, Amaris lost her shoe but didn't say anything... we were so happy that one of the gals stopped us and made sure we walked back to get her shoe. It was the shoes she came with.