Wednesday, June 20, 2012

She Came Potty-trained

While I can't be for sure on this, I THINK she came potty-trained.


Her diaper was still dry by the time we got home on Gotcha Day, so we took her right in and sat her on the potty. She went pee pee in the toilet. She has only had one accident (in the middle of the night). Otherwise, she has used the potty every time.

We had kept a diaper on her though (with underwear over it) because she had not yet had a bowel movement, and those can be extreme...

By day 2, I was getting very worried that she hadn't had a bowel movement... especially since she had eaten some watermelon (well, maybe a teaspoon or two) and had some apple juice. I gave her an oral gel pill to soften her stool, but when I bit in mine (so I knew what she was taking), I almost gagged. So, I retrieved her pill that was still sitting in her mouth. I resorted to prayer, because that was all I had left to offer her. I had forgotten the stool suppositories. Fortunately Facebook friends chimed in: more watermelon, dragonfruit and apple juice.

Well, yesterday, day 3, as Jason took her potty and made the "Chhhhhhh" sound for her to go potty, she went. Then, he proceeded to lift her off the potty and out plopped a poo poo. Woo hoo! We did the potty dance for Amaris!


Not that you or Amaris probably ever want to see this photo, but I am trying to upload our 1216 photos as fast as possible (at least the ones we want to keep)...  in the event that anything happens to our photo cards or computer. And, while I was literally uploading these photos, the power strip "smoked" when plugging it in. What if it had destroyed Jason's computer right then? We would have lost everything. Thus, my case in point... the photo with the poo poo on the floor must be posted. 
 
I could hear him in the bathroom attempting to make the "Chhhhhhhh" sound some more... but, he just wasn't quite saying it right... so I told him. Then I heard him say, "Ch Ch chicken".... now because you weren't there, I have to say, we were all laughing so hard we were crying. In fact, even writing this brings back the intense belly laughs... even on round three of proof reading. It was absolutely one of our most funniest moments ever.