The day we left, I posted our ridiculous number of suitcases... I know some of you were wondering what could we possibly take for 5 people for 14 days. Well, I'll answer that... especially for the most curious one: the woman who is traveling for the same amount of time with her toddler and ONE carry-on. I would love to see what she takes and know what she does in the event of an emergency!
This is what Tyanna (our 18 year old) thought was most important!
This is Gabriella and Amaris' suitcase of toys: a little ball, a blow-up ball, bubbles, paper and crayons, coloring books purses with jewelry and cell phones, baby dolls, princess backpacks, little tiny dogs and ocean animals, some larger (age-appropriate) farm animals, a photo book, some books for Gabriella to read, and just a handful of other things. Bubbles are generally the winner!
An entire suitcase for the "What If's": all of our epi-pens, lice and scabies medication, antiobiotics for everyone, digestive enzymes and probiotics, Neosporin and a variety of bandaids and tape, eucerin creme, lotrimin, preparation-H, ducolax, pepto bismol, gas-x, tylenol for the kids, ibuprofen for the adults, nexcare ice pack, products for blisters, cold sores, chapstick and carmex, allergy itching, benadryl, aveno lotion, the regular Avon lotion we use at home, visine eye drops, 4 different types of nasal sprays, sudafed pills, 3 types of cough drops, 2 different types of garlic oil ear drops, scar treatment, butterfly closures, mupirocin cream, anti-fungal cream, elderberry extract, arnica gel, myoflex, aspirin patches for aches, calendula oil, aquafor lotion, medicated chest rub, desitin, tampons, liners and pads (personal, but they don't have this stuff in China). I am sure there is more in there. Ninety percent of this we have never used in almost 20 years of marriage. But, we might need it in a foreign country, and I would hate to have to go to a "doctor" here... so, I have my stethescope and thermometer... and a boat-load of vitamins, minerals, and Univera drink products: Ageless Xtra, Aloe Vera, Regenicare, Metagreens, Super Immune, and my new favorite for everything: Olive Leaf Extract...Plus, not pictured- two water-spray fans and a paper fan purchased on our last trip to China!
Gabriella's and Amaris' Naartjie outfits that were cool enough to wear (they only have 5 outfits pcked)... you will get to see future pictures with the clothes on... plus all their hair pretties this trip. I forgot Amaris' shoes. Crud... just realized that just now: we had 5 identical pairs of pink Nikes in 2 styles and different sizes. We will look for a pair of squeaky shoes, but will probably just buy temporary shoes until we get home. Shoes in China are the CuTeSt!
Amaris' suitcase of diaper wipes, American diapers for the airplane trip home, a plastic mat to sit and play on with Gabriella, scissors to cut the bottle nipple larger, tongs to hold the nipples while pouring boiling water over them, a bottle with disposible insides, organic, non-soy, non-milk formula... I forgot the other formula I was going to bring just in case, some rubber gloves in the event she has some issues to care for: lice, scabies, giardia or other worms, bacterias, viruses, etc...
Amaris' tub with her personal items: toothbrush, hair brush, snuggly, a tape measure, sunglasses, orajel, pacifiers, and a few other things. And, some leftover diapers we got in China when we first got Gabriella.
Jason's and Patty's clothes
This suitcase has become our swim bag: swim hats for everyone (Chinese requirement to swim), swim suits, flip flops or swim shoes, water wings, a swim ball, and sun screen.
Two suitcases of Gabriella's clothes from the last two years for Amaris' orphanage; plus, a few pieces of clothing of Tyanna's for the nannies to enjoy.
Not pictured: Tyanna's suitcase and the three carry-ons.
So, Patty, did you forget anything? YES!
I had not packed Jason's toiletries because he was still going to take a shower before we left... so, his deoderant and other products were still on the bathroom counter... Interestingly enough, I had a third deoderant to pack, just in case he forgot his... it was the only thing, besides his toothbrush, that he had to pack... but, I may have forgotten to say the obvious.
I wish I would have brought a larger bottle of ibuprofen or tylenol... I only had a few pills.
More batteries for the spray fan!