Friday, June 22, 2012

And Her First Word Was...

It's bedtime... well, it's past bedtime. It's the fifth day since Gotcha Day. It's Friday. Amaris decided to start talking at 8:47PM.

Amaris has spoken 2-4 words or sounds, three different times, only to Gabriella, when everyone is out of the room, before tonight.

But tonight, she started with her Chinese name (which she pronounced like "Doe-Doe") and then later said "Baba". Three minutes later, she said "Mama". And it sounded like she said "Jie Jie Ty-nuh" (Tyanna).

Everything else seems like baby talk, but I am not sure. It is too cute for words though. Based on what she was doing, it appears that she might have a spit fire personality and not just the snuggly wuggly one we thought she had.

It will be interesting what she does tomorrow morning.

After we brushed teeth and got in bed, I decided to play the "kissy game"... I would kiss Amaris' lips and try to engage her. She ALMOST cracked some smiles. Nonetheless, it worked... the ice has been broken... because as soon as I walked out of the room, the giggles began... and then the talking and the baby talking. It was precious and I was smart enough to capture it on video.