The entire time Jason tried to speak to him in English... I told him to start pointing to signs... call Adam... do something other than speak to him in English. I kept saying "no" in Chinese, and saying the number 3 in Chinese, but the driver didn't get it... and, neither did Jason... he was freaking out... Finally, I asked Jason to look at me. Then I said, "If he spoke to you in Chinese, would you understand?" The lightbulb went on.
Jason asked to use the driver's phone. The driver wouldn't give it to him... but, after about the fourth time, the driver either finally understood OR decided to listen... and, he called Adam. I said to my sweet hubby... "Honey, you have no idea what he just said... the guy is lost... YOU need to talk to Adam."
Deep breath.
Jason called Adam and was able to straighten things out. Adam talked again to the driver.
Thank the good Lord Adam got us to the airport... even being an hour away... and, thankfully, our guide used his trip advisor programmed NOW to Terminal 2.
While we sat here, I found the "lost" $600 US dollars. I handed the envelope to Jason upon his return with the contraband bag of over-priced drinks he just bought. But, now we can't find the envelope and Jason doesn't remember me giving it to him. Ugh!
Was hoping this picture might give us a clue where it went. But no... I see no clues.
We arrived at the airport much later than we had hoped, but were still able to get on the plane on time.
We boarded the plane... the Chinese line up super fast... in an effort not to spill my Starbucks mocha while getting all our carry-ons and kids loaded, I went to the front with my two littlest sweethearts and asked if the would allow us to board first. We were at the back of the flight, but they so generously let us board. As we were walking in, a couple families had loaded before us... and, their drinks were confiscated. Tyanna was carrying our contraband... Jason had the three of us go... he said it rather abruptly, and I knew something was up... but, I hadn't put two and two together, they had just confiscated my just-purchased $6 Starbucks mocha... I drank three of the biggest drinks ever and we walked quickly. We didn't even have our tickets, but we did have our passports... still, we had no idea what row we were in.