Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Doctor's Visit and TB Test!

Our arrival to our official pre-adoption doctor's visit for Guangdong Province adoptions...



The front desk of the Guangdong International Travel Healthcare Center.

There are amazing lines in this hallway and the hallway to the left of the photo...
The Chinese are very organized... everyone has a job. 
This is what we walk past to go past the sign on the right of the photo: Adoptive Families Only...

A "doctor" weighed and measured her in a different room. She weighed 25.8 pounds (as much as Gabriella weighed at 3 yrs. 6 mo.)


One "doctor" squeezed two very loud noisy (dog?) toys next to Amaris' ears and looked in her ears with the same otoscope she probably had used with every other child that day, week or month. It was definitely not cleaned. This was considered her hearing check.





She also kinda looked in her mouth... it was a fast 5 second check...

Another "doctor" measured her head, her scar on her forehead from her fall at the orphanage in January 2012, and the scar from her open-heart surgery. She lifted up her dress, felt her tummy, and listened to her heart. Although the room was quiet, she did not hear her raspy lungs... WHAT? Ugh!



The final thing was her TB test... they were so fast, that they had the needle, syringe and TB ready on a plate before I had ever got into the room. That both frustrated me and made me a bit leary. I asked my guide if she saw them prepare it. She said she did. UGH!







She never cried... she just looked at her owee.


Then, she looked at me. I prayed over her protection one more time, apologized to her that I couldn't just get a chest x-ray, and then just loved on her. I am thankful she is a Mama's girl through and through.

And, that was the extent of our doctor's visit.

 We walked outside to flag down our driver. I love our driver, I totally feel safe with him.